Sunday, July 20, 2008

Will Dad Ever Do His Share? - In the News

Achim Lippoth for The New York Times
Parenting is a big issue in divorce mediation. More and more couples are doing joint parenting. This is an issue in intact families as well. Lisa Belkin wrote and excellent article in the Sunday, June 15, 2008 New York Times Magazine section. See entire article at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/magazine/15parenting-t.html?ex=1371268800&en=dd093a16387568a1&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink
As always, you can post any comment about this blog, Divorce Mediation, or Tucson Arizona by following the directions at the right in the green column or at the bottom of this website or participate in our Presidential poll located below the directions. WM 7/20/08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the article. I am in the process of getting a divorce through mediation, and reading the article helps me to understand part of the reason why the marriage, raising children and work became difficult to manage for me. Process of drafting post-separation plan is very similar to the couples' discussions in the article of how to manage their lives with kids and work. Not that I want to do it all over again, I wish I had the kind of insight when we were planning to have children.
I also would like to say how much I appreciate the hard work of mediators helping us navigate through difficult waters.